- All innovations
- Air to Air Heat Exchanger for Cooling
- AirLight Heat Exchanger
- Geothermal Building Cooling Systems
- District Heating & Cooling System
- NordIQ Soft Control System
- Solar Lighting System
- Rehact Intelligent Energy System
- Low Energy HVAC System
- Solar Chiller
- Efficient Insulation Material
- Creating a new paradigm in daily water and energy usage by Orbital Systems
- Heat-Source-Tower Heat Pump
- Helping consumers manage their home energy by Viva Labs
- High-durability timber
- Highly energy efficient heating systems by EyeCular Technologies
- Innovative and efficient air dome
- Intelligent Heating and Cooling Technology for Building Developed by: Henan Runheng Energy Management
- L4A Efficient Greenhouse Lighting
- Making laundry clean, cool and detergent free. Developed by: Scandinavian Water Technology
- Photovoltaic Ceramic Tile
- Radiant Cooling Solution for Building Sector by Oorja Energy Engineering
- Smart energy at home using cloud and storage by Suntherm
- Supplying Energy
- Energy Access
Air to Air’s ReHydrator heat and moisture exchangers lower energy consumption significantly in air conditioning and heating systems by harvesting the inherent energy in water vapor and temperature between two separate air streams.
By using a membrane instead of the solid metal wall traditional in a heat exchanger, ReHydrator products can reduce energy consumption by up to 70%, and reduce the operating and maintenance cost of both new and already installed HVAC systems.
ReHydrator is essentially a passive heat and moisture exchanger. It uses the differences in vapor pressure between two air streams to transfer (primarily) moisture through a membrane material developed to maximize water vapor permeability. The characteristics of the material also make it anti bacterial and resistant to fungal growth.
• Increased efficiency of 65-70%;
• Cleaner air through eliminating of bacteria and fungus, no cross contamination;
• No moving parts in a counter-current flow design;
• Small installation footprint through the patented “in-” and “out-let.”
ReHydrator can be used in a stand-alone fresh-air intake, in an integrated heat exchanger in a closed system air conditioner, as a module to increase energy efficiency in passenger or goods transportation, or to recycle energy in industrial processes. Its passive functionality allows for retrofitting, which increases the potential market. When combined with a heat pump, the product becomes an energy efficient HVAC system.
Improved living standards in many nations, along with rising temperatures, are rapidly increasing global use of air conditioners in places such as China, where HVAC already consumes roughly 18% of the total energy supply. In Singapore and Hongkong, for example, residential cooling already consists of approx. 30-40% of household costs, and energy to power cooling systems is expected to increase dramatically in coming years.
Measurements indicate that when cooling, ReHydrator can reduce energy consumption by 50-60 %. A standard AC system for an office or apartment has a cooling capacity of ca 3.5 kW, translating to 1kW of electricity use. Saving 50% means saving 0.5 kW or 2 kWh/day. Over the course of an entire year, this amounts to more than 750 kWh.
Every year more than 63 million AC units are sold globally. If 25% of these were to employ ReHydrator technology, energy consumption would be cut by 5.7 TWh. After five years, the annual savings would be 28.5 TWh or 28 million tons of carbon dioxide.
In Air to Air’s business model, Air to Air will purchase material from a third party, produce sheets via a partner, and at its own facilities cut and assemble the material into given specifications from customers. The dimensions of the product are fully scalable, as the membrane core is based on a layer-upon-layer structure.
Air to Air’s ReHydrator strategy is based on partnerships and joint ventures with multinational corporations with established lines of production, distribution, and sales. The company will target several market sectors in the development of its marketing strategy, since the product can be used within an assortment of applications. Through collaborations with these large corporations, the product can quickly access separate markets and expand globally.
Air to Air is initially focusing on tropical climate markets in Asia and Australia, primarily in applications where ReHydrator can work as an integrated part of an AC unit.
Air to Air was founded by Johan Siverklev and is funded by Midroc New Technology.
Air to Air Sweden
Energy efficient HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditionin) systems
ReHydrator - technology that reduces energy consumption in new and existing HVAC systems
- 28 000 000 tons of CO¸/yr
Johan Siverklev, CEO
|+46 (0)708 57 52 17|
Sankt Lars väg 42
222 70 Lund