100 percent emission-free car and ridesharing by EkoRent
- All innovations
- Supersonic Wave Engine (SWE)
- Thermo-acoustics Engine
- Personal Rapid Transit (PRT)
- NanoGrid Charging Station
- 100 percent emission-free car and ridesharing by EkoRent
- Castor value chain productions. Developed by: Tianjin Castor Energy
- Elevated track transport system by Milotek
- Harnessing big data to drive efficiency. Developed by: Greater Than
- Hydraulic hybrid transition by MISER Technology
- Modular Smart Charging Station
- PLUGnCHILL — Phase Change Material (PCM) for mobile cold storage
- Smart urban mobility solutions by Meshcrafts
- Solar Charging for Electric Vehicles
- Zbee Ultralight Electric Vehicle
- Supplying Energy
- Energy Access
More than half of the world’s population lives in cities. And those numbers are growing: Urban populations are expected to double from the current 3.5 billion to 6 billion by 2050. With surging numbers of people living in cities, traffic congestion goes up and so does air pollution from which more than 5.5 million people worldwide are dying prematurely every year.
According to ZipCar (the largest car sharing company in the world), one shared vehicle reduces up to 15 private vehicles. The CO2 reductions of a single EkoRent electric vehicle is comparable to 30 private cars each. With 10 EkoRent cars, the CO2 reductions annually would be 14,425 tons. If their electric vehicles sharing system and car rental reaches a 30 percent market share, about 11 million tons of CO2 would be avoided annually.
EkoRent opened a number of centrally located service stations in Finland during 2014. And will continue adding new stations and expanding their fleet in the future.
Juha Suojanen is the founder and CEO of EkoRent. He has extensive experience in the ICT industry. Juuso Lindgren is CTO and has a background in electric vehicles and clean energy. Jesse Hietanen is operations director for EkoRent and is responsible or sourcing and training local operations managers.
Based in Helsinki, Finland, EkoRent is the first rental company in Finland to offer affordable, easy-to-use and zero-emission short term car rental service with 100 percent all-electric fleet.
The climate innovation:
The CO2 reductions of a single EkoRent electric vehicle is comparable to 30 private cars each. With 10 EkoRent cars, the CO2 reductions annually would be 14,425 tons.
Juha Suojanen, Founder and CEO
|+358 40 707 1091|